Saturday 4 January 2014

Little gifts

Little gifts are often the hardest to think of but we all want to give them.  We have those special people in our lives - work colleagues, friends, neighbours - whoever it might be we want to let them they are special and we thought of them during this busy time.
This year I spent a fair amount of time trawling pinterest looking for ideas.  I found some fab ones.

iPad stand tutorial | Sewn Up by TeresaDownUnder

Christmas Creative: Christmas Decorations ~ Hatifers Hand Sewn Gifts

But in the end I decided to go for something simple and useful for little presents. Now that it is post Christmas and everyone has received their gifts I thought I'd share.

I decided to make little hand warmers.  They are so simple and yet so effective.

All you need to do is cut out squares to the size you want.  I used a lining fabric as well to keep heat in so had a total of 4 squares cut to the same size.  Place them in a pile with right sides together.  Lining then top fabric facing right side towards you then top fabric facing right side down and then lining.  

Sew all round three edges and turn right way out.

Add rice into the square and at this point you can add some scent like lavender.  I chose not to in case anyone had any allergies.  Then neatly hand sew your open edge so it is closed.  

Then wrap and give your gift - it just needs popping in the microwave for one or two minutes and it stays lovely and warm.  Perfect to pop into gloves or a pocket for a winters walk or just to keep with you around the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment