Wednesday 8 January 2014

Getting stuck back in

This week has been about getting going again.  It is crazy how Christmas takes over and suddenly it's nearly the middle of January and you still haven't actually achieved anything.
  I started my week with a surprise visit to my older sister who has just returned from 2.5 years in sunny Australia.  I'm not sure how overjoyed she has been to return to the UK with this crazy weather but we are all very happy to have her back close to us again.  A couple of days being spoilt at my parents house and having a good old natter was perfect before I headed home to get ready to start work again today.
 In between the loads of washing I snuck in some time in the sewing room.  I had to re-locate my sewing machine downstairs as the attic is just too cold at the minute but once I got going I managed to complete a couple of jobs.
  A quick adjustment of some trousers first and then on to some fun.  I recently found some gorgeous floral fabric and am busy dreaming up so many things to make out of it.  As my fingers were itching for some stitching I decided to go with a simple bag to start.


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I'll be adding it to my etsy store soon!  I'm thinking I'll do some sort of tunic/dress for me or for a child out of the fabric too.  It's so fabulously flowery so I feel it just has to be worn!

My next project is going to be a bit of an experiment which I will definitely be blogging about regardless of how it turns out.  My Mums cashmere jumpers have begun to show holes so I plan to cut them up and re-attach them into a poncho.  I'm very excited to see how it turns out and have been busy sketching and measuring to make sure I have enough fabric.  So I might be quiet on the blog for a few days while I tackle this challenge!

Next blog up will definitely be a 'how-to' so do check it out - don't forget you can always pop your email into the box to get updated each time I post or follow me via bloglovin! Till next blog - take care!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment