Friday 28 June 2013

Clearing that clutter

This week I've been going through all my fabric and can't believe how many half finished projects I've got on the go.
I've just set up a new sewing room for myself and somehow all these half projects are letting it down a little.
I love making things! I love the buzz of new ideas and I love the fun of wearing, using or giving something I've finished.  Somehow connecting those two doesn't always work for me.  Anyone else have that problem?
I'm trying to figure out what it is that makes some people really good at completing everything they start.  Maybe it's patience or being able to look beyond the immediate level of work in front of you and see the finished goal - I'm not sure but whatever 'it' is I need to work on 'it'!
I think for me I get carried away with the excitement of a new idea and quickly the last project becomes old and slightly less interesting.
So I'm setting a goal for myself - dig out all my half finished bits and bobs and actually complete them.  Then maybe instigate a one project at a time rule for myself. 
I'm going to give it a shot in the hope that my sense of achievement will increase as well as generally enjoying my new sewing room ten times more.
I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment